Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Doctor is offline on previous question can someone please

Customer Question

hello doctor is offline on previous question can someone please help me i feel so dizzy and spaced out like i cant see please help
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you give more details of your situation?
Is the dizziness a spinning sensation, lightheadedness, or only the spaced out feeling?
When did your symptoms start?
What evaluation has been done thus far?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

its more like just spaced out but its like i cant see properly its hard to explain.

i just want to feel more with it. i have been to doctors and they did the general checks and all was fine. got some blood tests booked in. im just terrified.

ive felt like this for ages now cant even remember how long.

do you think im dying?

When did you last see your doctor?
Do you know whether the neurologic examination showed any significant findings?
Can you be more specific in what tests were done (general checks and some blood tests can mean different things to different doctors)?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yesterday, just basic checks were done blood pressure, pulse, temperature. stomach felt and checked. fbc blood test being carried out today.

im really scared could this be serious?

It would be extremely unlikely that dizziness and a spaced out feeling that has been present for ages would be something acutely serious, so would not be life threatening.

It also unlikely, but possible, that this could be related to a chronic medical condition that would be considered serious, even if not life threatening. In particular, there are certain metabolic and neurologic problems that can present with this, including thyroid disease or certain chronic inflammatory conditions in the brain. The physical examination, and particularly the neurologic examination, would be the first assessment for neurlogic conditions. Blood tests would be the first assessment for metabolic conditions.

It is more likely that a sensation of dizziness and a spaced out feeling that has been present for a long time without any other symptoms is related to certain psychologic conditions, such as depression or anxiety. However, there is not test that can be done to prove that depression or anxiety is causing these symptoms, so doctors will usually first exclude other possible causes. It appears that this is what your doctor is now doing.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

my main concern is that i will die quite quickly will any of these conditions it could possibly be cause this?

why do i feel like i cant see or focus properly?

There is nothing in your description of symptoms that would indicate anything that is acutely life threatening. It is also a good sign that you were seen by your doctor just yesterday and sent home, as you would have been hospitalized if there was any indication that there was any life threatening condition.

The difficulty seeing or focuing is part of the spaced out sensation.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

would the doctor have been able to tell if something life threatening? will this get better?

Yes, if this were life threatening, there would have been some indication of the seriousness of the condition evident to the doctor.

Whether it will get better would depend upon the cause. Depression and anxiety can be treated, but some people get better and some people need ongoing treatment.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

so do you think i can stop thinking about dying? it just feels so much that it is happening

Yes, you can stop thinking about it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

can you feel like you are dying 100% even if you are not?

You are now asking me the same question using different words. With what we have already discussed, the answer to this question is already apparent.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

sorry im just frightened of how i feel. i was fine one minute then it gradually got worse and worse. i just dont understand and cant get my head around it

You are not going to get your head around it any better by me repeating myself. If repetition will help you, then read the above answers as many times as you need. You may need counseling to get your head around it.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yeh i think you might be right. have you got any suggestions how i can decrease the spacey not there feeling and stop feeling so ill

You will need to get treatment by your doctor and possibly a counselor.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

can the spaciness make me feel physically ill aswell.

It would more properly stated that the underlying condition can make you feel ill.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

could anxiety alone make me feel this ill?.ive had something similar in the past but no where near as bad

Yes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

this is the most horrendous i have ever felt. i just cant see any way out. even if i could feel a bit better it would help me

Then you need to discuss this with your doctor. We cannot treat you over the internet.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i know that sorry. i just need to be certain this is nothing serious then i can try and calm down. im just finding it so hard to believe

You are repeating yourself again.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ive got my full blood count blood test today will that rule anything serious out aswell?

That only rules out certain diseases, but not every disease.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

what would it rule out?

The list is too long and is irrelevant, since you do not have them.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

why is the doctor doing the test? what other tests should i have done to rule everything out

We discussed that above.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

so is it just neurolgical exam? i just want to go to doctors with a clear view

There is more that I said above, but the neurologic exam is part of the initial evaluation.

If you want additional Q7A time, then you need to accept the offer for additional services.