Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have been ill since June this year, started with a strange

I have been ill since June this year, started with a strange sensation in my head, has only got worse, it feels like fork lightening in my head, when I eat food/drink it gives me head pain, i'm so sensitive.My GP has given me Citalapram, to stop the pain, but can't take even half of a tablet, i'm at the end of my tether.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,These symptoms can be of a condition called trigeminal neuralgia, it affects trigeminal nerve which carries the sensations from your mouth face and forehead to brain, minor stimulus like eating can trigger excruciating pain. I would suggest you should see a neurologist to have a thorough physical examination of the nerve to confirm the diagnosis so that treatment can be initiated accordingly. Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best Wishes.