DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Will a peth test be positive after any alcohol consumption

Customer Question

Customer: Will a peth test be positive after any alcohol consumption if the person tested has been abstinent for last 18 days?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I consumed a small amount of alcohol (2-3 drinks) 18 days days ago would a peth test be positive?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Drug Testing Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for requesting me .

The test is positive after consuming several drinks or more for several days.

It can be positive for up to 3 weeks.

So it depends on your level of consumption.

You are near the non detection period.

It really depends on how many days you drank in a row.

4 or more is likely to be detected.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.