DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have serious anal bleeding everytime i go to the toilet but

I have serious anal bleeding everytime i go to the toilet but i do not suffer from any pain, what could cause this? Its been happening over a year now but the amount of blood is three times as bad
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It could be hemorrhoids.
It could be something more serious such as a malformation of blood vessels.
Or a pocket in the rectum and these can bleed.
Rarely at such an age of yours would it be cancer.
You need a short scope from the doctor to see what this is.
You should not simply let it go on.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blood drips also in large drops and is a very dark red, and the are around my anus is swallon in an odd way, almost limpy if thats be any indication
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
It is a greater indication of severity, regardless of the cause.
This must be scoped to diagnose.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont mean to keep bothering you, but would there be a reaso i dont get much oain from it,
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
That is typical of every possibility I mentioned. They are not usually painful.
Lack of pain excludes more extensive inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about cancer?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Least likely on the list, as i said above.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much doc, great help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytime
any questions
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanks
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed, in the medical catetory, for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Doc
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
anytime