DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I suffered a greenstick fracture of my distal radius with

Customer Question

Hi, I suffered a greenstick fracture of my distal radius with angulation (left non dominant side) 17yrs ago when I was 15. At the time it was manipulated into the correct position and placed in a cast for 6weeks. long story short is I have recently found my wrist was still heavily out of position and had to have an osteotomy last month to correct this. The hospital that treated me years ago originally claimed they have my old x-ray images but now suddenly they don't. Do you know what the possible reasons may be that I suffered this malunion? I always had discomfort with using my left wrist but I thought it was normal as it had been broken.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThere are many reasonsBad settingCasting inadequateIt needed to be pinnedMalnutritionMineral transport problems internally [say from gluten disease for example]Any chronic illnessOther. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Assuming I am healthy with a reasonable diet and had no other injury to my wrist. Is this the fault of the previous hospital?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
There is no way to say that at all.We answer medical questions, and there can be multiple reasons for this to happen, even if healthy.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am not sure why you would give a negative rating.I have given you a correct answer, and I have not heard any more questions from you.Giving a negative rating sees that I receive a black mark from just answer and do not get paid.Was that deliberate? Your intention? Or an error [that happens].Or, is there a question not answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give u a better rating but I am not satisfied
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
What question is not answered for you?I am glad to answer any medical question you have.I am a top rated expert and I give correct answers, exact, precise and comprehensive.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I assume you still want to someone to tell you that the original orthopedist or hospital did something wrong.Anyone that says they can answer that now is conning you.In addition, that is a legal question.You could hire a lawyer, who will hire [and charge you] for an expert review of the medical records, unless they are gone..The hospital is obligated to keep your records 7 years after you turned 18.If they did not, they can be cited for that.Without a review of all records, charts, notes, procedural notes, etc. there can be not even an educated guess as to if everything was done correctly.IN addition, there are probably a few dozen reasons this could have happened even AFTER everything was done properly.good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I would rate you better now but It's not giving that option.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
that's OKBe sure you know you can submit questions in our legal section as well. I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.