Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Dr Phil got a question about anxiety

Customer Question

Hi dr Phil got a question about anxiety
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
I'm here Mark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi mate. I feel great. How about this. I had a bit of tension headache busy design day. Forgot it as chippy advised and you , gone. ! Hurraahhh.Then moving my tongue around my mouth under my tongue I felt a tiny lump. Panic !!I had noticed it before and on my last dental exams in August my dentist said chill it's nothing just a tiny bit of hard flesh. On the return for the hygienist he said its gone nothing there.The same place the same thing and when I look I can't see anything just feels a tiny bit raised
Il send you a pic to reassure me but the minute I got rid of the headache something else came up. Is this anxiety how it works and messes up your life. If there's nothing to worry about you find something ?
Can you attach a pic for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks ok mate I think I'm letting the anxiety go made there you go. Pal.
Oh that's totally normal MarkNo worries
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tiny little thing but no sign of serious mate? The demon anxiety again ?? I really want to move on now and just enjoy life. But I think il have to except that il need a docs reassurance that's how I'm built ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It works for me in business but it makes my life hard C b t is what my private consultant recommended I tried it it didn't work. !!! Hypnosis didn't work. Yoga works a bit meditation for a day or two. But asking a doc seems to work the best I'm guessing it's trusting only an expert ?
Definitely the demon anxiety again. I'm quite sure of it.Yes, anxiety and OCD is a blessing and a curse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You ok to keep in touch and give your expert reassurances my friend ?All ok under tongue ? Move on ?
Yes, I am ok to keep in touchAll ok under tongue Mark. I'm sure. It is ok to move on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not cancer ? All good. Thanks Phil have. Good weekend in USA my friend. Il call you if I need pal
No problem. I'm off to see star wars tonight. Is it out in the UK yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is mate. Great reviews !! Enjoy no cancer worries ?
No cancer my friend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Phil you ok to take a question mate
Sure no problem my friend.
How are you today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I've been fine pal.
About 3 pm got a windy belly. Been to the loo a few times constipated a bit then a bit looser don't feel ill all settling just got flatulence now and a few windy pains.The old i b s back ?Haven't had it for ages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Been eating a very healthy veg rich diet. This week. More than normal I must say
Yes, it does sound like sound IBS.
have you tried the FODMAP diet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No mate ? Il try it.
I've got to be honest Phil it disappeared completely when I had the ct abdomen and pelvis they said all was normal and good. Then it just went. !!This is the first time.I'm guessing the anxiety demon has had enough time 8 months since scan to start up again. !!And here's a thing the tension headache disappears if I get i b s and vice versa. !Hard thing anxiety mate. So nothing serious ?
It certainly doesn't sounds serious
I would look for anemia, persistent changes in stool caliber, nausea, vomiting or change in stool color
Here is a link to the FODMAP diet for you Mark
https://stanfordhealthcare.org/content/dam/SHC/for-patients-component/programs-services/clinical-nutrition-services/docs/pdf-lowfodmapdiet.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stools normal. Heamoglobin 164. On last blood. 3 weeks ago. Iron 23.8
So no anemiaCt of colon was normal. 8 months ago.I'm feeling fine just farting a lot mate !!
No nausea at the mo.And before I start the panic WBC is good enough in case it's a bug !!!! Doesn't feel like it mate.Relax ?
Yes, this looks totally normal to me. All over
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's going talking to you mate thanks for reassurance. Just farts now. !!!!WBC would be ok if required mate ?? As chippy has said many times. Platelets 185 heamoglobin 164 red cells 5.0. WBC 3.78. That's good immune. I really need to get that in my head don't I pal. ?
LOL. Just fartsYes, you do. I agree with Chip. Those numbers are great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So to finish. WBC and immune are fine. If neededEither I b s or something has upset the bowel the fact it's going and I feel fine means it isn't serious.And my brain needs a re program !!!looool
1)yes, they are fine2)correct3)of course
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bonus on way.
Sorry to bother you mateIt seems a doc reassurance over every single small thing is the only cure.
You ok to put up with me ?
I'm ok Mark. No worries my friend.I don't mind helping you sir.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers ***** *****'m good physically but mentally need work on the anxiety ?
Yes absolutely you do. But I think you know that