Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been suffering from PPP years. It is beginning

I have been suffering from PPP for many years. It is beginning to negatively impact my life and I feel it needs to be addressed. Every where I have looked the removal treatment is extremely expensive and out of my price range. Is there an affordable way to get it removed? I know it is nothing to seriously worry about, but it has effected relationships I have had and as a result it is now impacting my life. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
PPP is Palmoplantar pustulosis and is a long term condition which affects the skin of the palms and soles
It can sometimes occur with the skin condition psoriasis
you can travel to other countries and look into medical tourism like to Thailand where they have very good doctors who could remove the skin lesions for less than what you have to pay in the UK.
have you looked into medical tourism to other countries?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was referring to Pearly Penile Papules when I said PPP. Not the condition you stated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you provide me any information to the affordable removal of pearly penile papules please. Regards
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the best way to remove pearly penile papules is with carbon dioxide laser skin therapy.
you can look into dermatology services in countries like Thailand where the care is good and the cost is lower than in the UK
http://www.intermedisol.com/clinic_dermatology/
http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-business/Dermatology-stakes-claim-Thai-medical-tourism-industry/61512#ad-image-0
you have to contact the clinics to get quotes for treatment.
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cost over here as around £600-700. If I was to fly to somewhere such as Thsiland the overall cost would be similar. Are there no other afforable ways to get it removed within England?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the best way to get them removed is with carbon dioxide laser therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank your sir. Last thing, do you know any nearby to Manchester at all that I could go to?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Manchester Royal Infirmary Dermatology·
Hospital Oxford Rd +44(###) ###-####
Pall Mall Medical 61-67 King St +44(###) ###-####
SK:N CLINICS 2 reviews · Skin Care Clinic 1 Albert Square +44(###) ###-####Opens at 9:00 AM
KYDOLCE Skin Clinic Manchester - Dr Murad Flagship Store Skin Care Clinic 19 Spring Gardens +44(###) ###-####Opens at 9:00 AM
The Private Clinic Manchester Skin Care Clinic 25 St John's Street +44(###) ###-####
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com