Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

A little embarrassing but i have a concern i prefer to

Hi, a little embarrassing but i have a concern i prefer to find out about. I have had discomfort on my skin next to the right side of my vagina. At first felt like a trapped hair on the seam of my underwear. But i found 2 small red dots, like tiny little balls about 3 cm away from each other, almost like spots but feels uncomfortable. A few days ago i had discomfort in that area and thought i had a small bladder infection which then went away. Not sure if there is any connection. Just concerned what it could be.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Is it possible for you to send a picture of it? You can do it as follows;1. Click the paperclip icon2. Click the Browse icon3. Click the Browse button4. Select your file and click Open5. Click OK6. Click Insert7. Click Save Changes on this pageRegards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I prefer not to as it is an emberrasing area. It looks like 2 red spots but feels like a tiny little ball ie a bit more than a spot
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I understand. I am going to answer in a while.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to get unnecessarily concerned as it could be nothing, but prefer to get any data of what it could be in case i need to make appointment with gp.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, these tiny little dots are likely to be sebaceous cysts or ingrown hair. There is nothing else possible. If you are worried about herpes or anything like that, I reassure you that it's not likely because this is not how herpes presents. In that case, there is severe burning and pain. At this stage, you just need to take OTC tablet Tylenol thrice daily for few days. If symptoms persist, see your doctor but don't worry, you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a sebaceous cyst?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
This a small harmless cysts which arise due to blockade of the glands which secrete sebum. They usually resolve on their own. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards