Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

I keep needing to wee all the time, as soon as I go the

Customer Question

Hi, I keep needing to wee all the time, as soon as I go the urge comes back after 5 minutes! It started 6 months ago. I do not have any other symptoms like pain or burning etc, doctor already done tests for all sorts nothing is showing up. I am taking prescribed medication for an overactive bladder which isn't working. Please help!
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, Over active bladder can be due to Infection in the bladder, diabetes, stones in the bladder, weakness of muscles of the bladder, psychological. Blood cp, blood glucose levels, ultrasound of the bladder and kidneys, urine routine test to see infection in the bladder are the tests that need to be done. If all these tests are done and they are normal then you may benefit from anticholinergic medicine which cause bladder relaxation and sphincter tightening. Let me know if you have questions, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** speak to my GP
You are welcome. Let me know if you have questions, Have a nice day. Do rate as positive thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, does it sound like an overactive bladder? The doctor I saw suggested that's what it was without doing any tests but the tests they did do ruled out a urine infection and diabeties.
Thank you for your reply, Yes it is an over active bladder if all tests are normal, in most cases it needs bladder training. which is done by slowly prolonging the urination time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea why is just started one day? Some days are worse than others. What else can I do to help get back to normal?
Thank you for your reply, Major things you can do is to adjust your fluid intake, take fluids at one time in bulk. Small sips of water makes you pee more frequently, while few large sets of water intake will help reduce the pee frequency ..