Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Last time I had intercourse was 4th September and I

Customer Question

Hello last time I had intercourse was 4th September and I started my period the next day 5th September which lasted 4 to 5 days. I had protected sex. I am a bit worried because my period in October and November have been light and for only 2 days. I did a pregnancy test on 20th October after my period finished which said negative but not sure if this was accurate because it was done late. I have missed my December period. Can you pls advice the possibilties as I am stressed because not looking to start a family yet. I have put on weight in stomac area not sure if this is fat or anything else. Female age 31.
Expert:  Dr Mask replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Justanswer :)Your concern specially when you are not planning for family as yet is valid. However the good news is provided your last intercourse was on the 4th of September and1. The sex was protected2. Menses on the 5th of September3. Have had Menses (Periods) in October as well as November4. Negative pregnancy test5. The period during which you had intercourse was far from being ideal i.e. near the start of your menses So it is very Highly unlikely or better put it is virtually impossible for you to be pregnant at present.That weight gain you have noticed is also simple weight gain and nothing else.So please be at ease and try to relax :) Delay in the timing of period up to even 10 days or irregularity of periods can occur and there can be other causes for that. Stress being one important one of them. Hopefully this helped you understand the situation in the best manner possible and now you should be able to relax :)If satisfied please leave a positive rating. However if you need further information please do let me know instead of any rating. Warm RegardsDr Mask