DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My 6 year old daughter has been diagnosed with glue ear.

Hi my 6 year old daughter has been diagnosed with glue ear. She had the flu nasal spray last Wednesday. Last Thursday morning she vomited at 4am 6am and 8am mainly undigested food. She was pale the rest of the day but ate a little at night. Friday she seemed fine and ate well. Saturday morning she vomited once at 5am. She ate nothing that day. Sunday she has eaten little bits. She seems to be okay in herself and playing although pale. I have GAD and therefore think this is brain cancer. Just looking for your thoughts Joanne x x
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello]Not brain cancerbut infection.She should be re evaluated for the possible need for antibiotics.This should be done today.Vomitting is not normal, typically for viral infection.The infection could be more of the inner ear, which can be viral or bacterial and more dangerous.Take to A&E for this. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has no temperature and no diarrhoea hence my thought of brain cancer
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NOThere is no reason to suspect that.Even a viral inner ear infection, which can take 6 weeks to resolve, can cause this.But that requires prescription medications to manage.I don't wan;t to particularly speak to your GAD here, but lets keep things in perspective.Glue ear is not a symptom of brain cancer.But from what you are saying, she does need hands on evaluation for inner ear infection, which can present without fever.Please click a positive rating: the scale is at the top of the answer page.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
ThanksSee my additional services offer.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.