Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Some close friends think I have depression and that I need

Some close friends think I have depression and that I need to see a dr, I am unsure about going to see my regular as I have been seeing him since J was a kid, I'd rather it was a new dr and female, can I change Drs as easy as that, I'd just find it weird talking about specific things with my original dr
Yes, you can.Likely you are seeinga pediatrician at this point.So you can easily change to a family doctor or internist.If I were you, I would change to see an internist.I am an internist and I commonly get kids that are 18 or so that want to see an adult only doctor (which is what an internist is)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So to do that I'd need to specifically ask for a internist ?
I was going to book a appointment today but only ended up ordering my repeat prescription.
Yes, you do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay. However I have a few issues I need dealing with and I fear that the dr will think I am over complaining.
I don't think so. Just don't have too many issues at one time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's the thing, I do have a lot of issues I need seeing too. Possible ednos, possible depression and my fibromyalgia
Just start with the most important
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which one would you consider most important professionally?
List all your issues