Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am visiting enbland from france christmas period,

Customer Question

I am visiting enbland from france for the christmas period, have developed an infection on of lips mouth and thtoat, skin is peeling on lips and having difficulty in swallowing,, feel very unwell in myself, is there anything I can purchase over the counter that would help.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,You are most probably suffering from cold sores that is herpes simplex 1 infection. You can use docosanol cream over the lips and take tylenol for pain and fever relief, continue saline gargles. The condition would settle on its own in couple of days, if it worsens do see a doctor for antiviral drug prescription.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tylenol tablets, will they be o.k. to take with my prescribed painkillers, this co dition has been ongoing already for 10 days with noimprivement
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply ,Yes you can take tylenol with your painkillers.If symptoms does not improve in a day or two you should see a doctor for prescription of antiviral drugs and might be antibiotics if needed.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best Wishes.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.