Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Past week or so, whenever I lie down, especially if

Customer Question

For the past week or so, whenever I lie down, especially if I turn my head to the right or lie on my right side, I get vertigo (room feels like it is spinning) and it makes me feel a little nauseous and it feels like my brain is "buzzing" as the room spins. It goes away after a short while but I have to usually sit up or straighten my head first and very slowly lie down again. Also if I sir up/get up from a lying position too quickly, the room spins. In addition, I feel very dizzy when it is dark - but only if I walk (so sitting/standing/driving is ok, but when I walk I struggle keeping my balance). A few weeks ago I had pretty much the same but with the left side. Any ideas please?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No related medical issue in my opinion. ME/CFS (for several years) and recently short periods of supraventricular tachycardia on a 24h ECG.
this sounds like BPPVhave you tried epley maneuvers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is BPPV and what are epley manouvers please?
Here is an article for youhttp://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/basics/definition/con-20028216BPPV is an inner ear condition where crystals form in the fluid and aggravate nervesEpley maneuvers function to move those crystals so they don't do that
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)
If you have more questions, just reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I apologise for the delay in answering and rating. The dizziness is gone after doing the Epley maneuver - thank you very much for your help!
welcome :)