Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

There, just looking advice on dizziness please

hi there, just looking for some advice on dizziness please?
This is Dr. David
what are your questions about dizziness?
how old are you?
what medications are you taking?
are you male or female?
how long have you had this dizziness?
Generally dizziness is either related to an inner ear issue, dehydration or medications.If it feels like the room is spinning around you, then it is likely BPPV (an inner ear issue). This can be treated by an ENT doctorIf it occurs with standing, then it is likely related to meds or dehydration. For this, you need further workup with an internist.Either way, at a young age, it is usually benign. Heart rhythm issues can do it too but these generally present later in life
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi doctor, im a little concerned about my dizziness. ive been feeling dizzy for around 2 weeks now. its not a spinning dizziness. i am 30 years of age. i have visited my gp but they cant seem to find anything wrong
I would ask to visit an ENT doctor at this point.It is likely an inner ear issue going on.The ENT can do specific testing for this
Please don't forget a positive rating.If you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what kind of inner ear problem? my doctor checked my ears and said there are no problems
You can't see the problem by looking.It is related to crystals in the fluid in the inner earHere is an article to reviewhttp://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vertigo/basics/definition/con-20028216
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
aw ok thanks. anything else it could be? i just feel rotton all day. i just dont feel right
Make sure a good thorough blood workup is done including blood counts, thyroid and electrolytes.However, I think it is very likely that it is inner ear relatedPlease don't forget a positive rating.If you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ive had the blood work done already and nothing was found everything was ok. my mam died of primary bilary cirosis of the liver when i was younger and ive been scared ever since really about that. can dizziness be related to anything like this?
No, I don't think so.You would have other signs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ive just looked at that ear link. i dont have brief episodes and it doesnt spin. i just feel sort of strange and kind of not with it if that makes sense
It can feel like this too with BPPV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
aw ok really well im back at doctors on thursday so mention this then. its making me feel so weird like i cant focus. i also feel generally unwell is this a symptom aswell?
Yes, absolutely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is generally the treatment for this?
It is treated with a med called meclizine and maneuvers called epley maneuvers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
whats the recovery like from this?
weeks to months usually
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so i will get better? if it was serious would there be other symptoms? im.sorry for asking juat want to be sure
Yes, it should get betterYes, you would likely have other symptoms.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no problem i will give a positive rating. if its not the ear issue what else could it be? im worried
Like I said initially, it could be dehydration or heart issues. I doubt cardiac though. I would get a thorough blood workup if you haven't yet as I stated above
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ive had the blood work done and im defo not dehydrated the amount of water i drink. could it be anything life threatening?
I highly doubt it
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States