Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have dark spots on the tip of my tongue...I have dark

I have dark spots on the tip of my tongue...
I have dark spots on the tip of my tongue and along the sides of my tongue. I also have a deep crack that has appeared down the centre of my tongue which travels from the middle of my tongue to the tip. What are the possible issues?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Any other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bloating and swollen left ankle. Occasional rectal bleeding after poop. Fatigue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes partial numbness in some of my toes / pins & needle sensation
Do you take any meds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No meds
This is concerning. It looks like bruising.with this and the rectal bleeding you may have some type of clotting disorderI would see your doctor and ask for a workup for a clotting disorder
I noticed you rated negative
I'm sorry I didn't help further.
Can we continue?
I receive no credit unless you rate 3 stars or more
please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
If you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a blood clotting disorder and found this to be an odd diagnosis. The other doctors suggested it's pigmentation which sounds more realistic.
Yes, but if it were pigmentation why would it come all of a sudden? that is not commonplus you have fatigue indicating anemia and bleeding elsewhere.perhaps they are missing the clues to a bigger diagnosis
even if my diagnosis isn't correct, I gave this a lot of thought and did my best to help youI would appreciate at least a 3 star rating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps but I looked up blood clotting disorders on the Internet and I don't have issues with
My blood clotting. I do bruise easy and any injuries I have do last for a long time but I don't have issues with cotting?
What I meant was an issue with the blood successfully clotting. Not a disorder that causes clotsFor example, von willebrands disease. Very common in the population and causes bleeding and bruising but is considered a clotting disorder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I'm not convinced. The rating is my choice and I should not feel pressured about it. If I felt like you had suggested something likely then it would have increased the rating.
Okay. That's ok. No worries. I simply wanted to make sure you knew what I was suggested. I still recommend you get checked out. Merry xmas :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but checked out for what? Perhaps if you reviewed my symptoms you could come up with some alternative suggestions. I would then be happy to reconsider my rating. Happy Christmas to you too.
I would get the following1)platelet level2)clotting time3)bleeding time4)PT/PTT/INRThat should be a good screening for a clotting issue. If this is normal, you are fine and I agree that it is pigmentation
thank you for the rating. I hope you have a happy new year as well :)