Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am so worried about HIV infection, today I saw a

Hello I am so worried about HIV infection, today I saw a safety pin in the street, I picked it up incase a dog stood on it and as I picked it up I pricked my finger and made it bleed, could I get HIV from this?
Also over the years I have worn secondhand earrings and I have not worried until now, can I get HIV from this too?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
there is no risk for HIV from this
you can get a bacterial infection
you should wash out the area with soap and water.
you can't get HIV from secondhand earrings.
you can see your doctor and get blood HIV tests
but I bet you money that your HIV tests will be negative.
if you have excessive anxiety symptoms, you might need treatment for your anxiety.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I can't get HIV from ripping my hand a on a staple, if someone else did just before me.
I am trying to get help from my GP, I have left a message on my OCD expert phone. I am trying to get over this.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you can't get HIV from ripping your hand on a staple
you need more treatment for your OCD which is making you worried about HIV
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hit my head on a screw which the builders left sticking out and my head bled should I tell myself this Is just another stupid worry, I am now putting together a wardrobe and I am getting prick with nails etc but I am carrying on and exposing myself!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you are not exposing yourself to HIV.
you are letting your anxiety get out of control with worry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not doing the wardrobe as I have just had my gallbladder removed!! It's all too heavy!!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you don't have to do the wardrobe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your right, I have just put my hand into a drawer and there was a Pin Badge from a Charity aboard it could have come from a country with HIV, I jabbed my finger, but I am telling myself how many people have done this and not worried so why should I, I can't get HIV like this! Am I right
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you will not get HIV from this
please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am also going to have a shower and I am scared that I will wipe the card from a little boy in Africa, which has a red stain which looks like blood! I am thinking I will wipe on my recent operation scar which only a week old. But I have think it does not matter if I do I won't get HIV from this.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you don't get HIV from what you are doing.
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just put my toothbrush on the shelf where my hairdresser put her old used tampon before bringing it downstairs and putting in in the Kitchen bin, I then put toothpaste on it and cleaned my teeth and I have exposed myself to potential HIV infection, I did this on purpose to help fight this OCD.
Now I am panicking like mad,
Sorry I will rate after this.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are not at risk from this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you really sure Dr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you really sure Dr sorry computer playing up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I have lost signal will rate when I get it back, not sure you will get this!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I am a real doctor
I am not a computer
your anxiety is way out of control
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr
I am very worried and panicky, I have been trying hard to fight this fear, but today my son was bought a present from a friend who has recently been tested for HIV this pressie had pins sticking out, when he showed it to me I pricked myself on them, could I have HIV from this???
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you can't get HIV from this
you have to talk to your doctor about getting treatment for your anxiety symptoms
until you get some treatment for your anxiety symptoms, you will continue to worry about HIV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have now got an appt to see my specialist, I was at A and E at Christmas with my elderly mum who broke her hip, my OCD is being pushed to the limit, in the hospital there was blood everywhere as it was a emergency dept, I think I have HIV anyway now. I dropped my phone where there was blood outside I have used it since with cuts on my hands and I have put my finger in my nose after holding This phone and after being on a tube train to stop a nose bleed, I could have had blood on my hands from somewhere else, I even sat in some blood. I am on overload for HIV at the moment.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can't get HIV from what you have described.
your OCD is getting the better of you.
you don't have HIV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know, I am now worried about stepping on a nail the builders left behind, and worried I gave HIV I need help your right.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you need to talk to your GP doctor about treatment for your anxiety symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I will, I am now worrying because i have been baking for tomorrow as my daughters boyfriend is coming to dinner, I am worried because I tasted something and I am worried he could be harmed because I tasted it not long after taking one of my tablets and there could be residue left on my tongue or in my saliva after taking it!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
that will not arm your daughter or her boyfriend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now my mind is back to my mobile when I dropped it at the Hospital A and E where there were loads of blood, and i may have rubbed it near my private parts!!!!!! My mind is taking over my life Dr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am sorry if I offended you, but can I get HIV from a sharp pin which was used to pin a label to a coat I bought in a shop and did not realise it was on the coat, it pricked me on the chest and neck?? Will anybody answer me ????
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No there is no risk of HIV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** through a cat scratch on my two week old Gallbladder scar, if my cat scratched someone with HIV before me??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please could someone answer me, my hairdresser uses a razor on the back of my neck, can I get HIV from this??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to add a bonus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am sorry to bother you but I am worried because today I received a parcel in the post, when I opened it the cardboard was very sharp and I jabbed my finger and I cut it on the opening of the parcel, if the postman had done the same just before giving me the parcel could I be infected with the HIV virus through this???
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi kindly accept additional services offer so that i can answer your further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I cannot afford it
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You do not have any Hiv risk you just have health anxiety. Try to overcome this.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr Uzair for being so kind, does cutting my hand on a knife on my knife rack, if my cleaning lady did this just before me put me at risk for HIV infection? I will sign off after this Thankyou for sparing the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also sorry I forgot to ask my cat had been to the vets and he scratched me afterwards, if he scratched the Vet or Vet Nurse before me can I get HIV from this? Thank You please could I give you a bonus.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, No you do not have HIV risk in both cases. You just have health anxiety. You can give me bonus by accepting my additional services offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sponsor a little boy in Africa to go to school, he sent me a card with what looks like dried blood on, my earrings for pieced ears rest on the card, could they have picked up the blood and would this be an HIV risk??
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr. I caught my knuckle on a sharp screw on a door handle and my hand bled. Now I am scared that if someone else did this before me I would be infected with HIV. I am now on a waiting list for CBT which is about three months, in the meantime I have to treat myself by avoidance of checking and I think reassurance of not being infected with HIV is one of them. I think from now on I will have to not seek reassurance from Drs online, I will have to live with the fact I could have been infected with HIV and battle it out in my mind!!! I see this as the only way to conquer this dreadful OCD.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
no risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My cat scratched me today after the vets and has been outside in the street, if he scratched the vet or nurse, or a stranger in the street, is this an HIV risk? I scratched my face on a overhanging branch too, is this a risk ? Sorry I must stop now it getting really silly now sorry. Goodbye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
No risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my builder gave me a piece of paper with a staple pin on it and I caught my hand on it and it bled if he had done the very same thing seconds before am I at risk of HIV ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My builder gave me a piece of paper with a staple sticking out and I pricked my finger and it bled, if my builder had done the same and pricked his finger before me is this an HIV risk?