DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Im a male 68 years old recenlty had my right ankle Fused Since

Im a male 68 years old recenlty had my right ankle Fused
Since Hospitalization when waking in the morning I have severe pain in Shoulders & Arms Cannot lay on left or right side whilst in Bed As the day progresses it eases but when I sit for a while say early evening it starts to come on again
Any Idea as to what this could be THXS
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,There can be many reasons for this pain, most likely is musculo skeletal. I would suggest take tylenol and apply ibuprofen gel on the area with gentle massage. If you feel pain more towards left shoulder and arm it is very important to rule out cardiac related pain by getting an EKG. So if condition does not settle in a day or two you should visit your doctor to have thorough examination and rule out cardiac related pain.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis pain is typical of cervical spine disc disease.Such a situation is often aggravated after lying for surgery.This is not self help, home treatment or wait and see....it canbe serious in some cases. If there is weakness, it can be an emergency.'Go see a doctor now.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me, Dr. Thomas, in medical any time. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers. See my additional services offer.