DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have just passed a lot of blood in my urine with a lot of

I have just passed a lot of blood in my urine with a lot of blood clots.
No discomfort and no pain.
Came home from W. Africa Friday and first noticed this Saturday but was not certain.
Problem only arose again this evening.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloCompletely abnormal.You need an exam today.And, you probably need a follow up with a urologist, for a cystoscopy.This is assuming there is not an obvious infection in the track somewhere that can be diagnosed with labs.Do not keep watching it.If your concern is schistosomiasis, I don't think so, unless you were in W. Africa a very long time.That would take weeks or months to show up. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.