DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am very worried. Today I went to the dentist who has found

I am very worried. Today I went to the dentist who has found a white patch on the base of my mouth so wants to get a biopsy done. I also have what looks like a white spot on m lower outer lip, I am now panicking that this is skin cancer and has caused the white patch in my mouth. I feel sick
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloWhat is your medical question?A white patch is not usually cancer.It can be pre cancerous, which is why a biopsy is done.At the early stage, it would be completely curable. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a what looks like a white spot on the bottom of my lower lip, i can tell its white if I push my tongue out to stretch it to make it visible. It doesn't hurt, is not sore or scaly. I am worried now it is lip cancer and is related to the white patch inside my mouth.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Not cancer in all likelihood.Cancer is usually an ulcer in this area.But a biopsy makes sure, and makes sure it is not pre cancer.You can attach a picture here if you like.Please click a positive rating.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you.Please see my additional services offer.Please do not forget a positive rating.You can find me by request in medical for future questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, here is the picture of my lip, you can only see this bump when I push my tongue out.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
The only type of cancer that could be would be basal cell.This is benign, and completely curable with removal.If it came on suddenly , it is not cancer at all, but a cyst.Please click a positive rating at this point.Or, please accept my add services offer.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.