Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

Dr Ravoof . I forgot to run something past you . When I was

Dr Ravoof .
I forgot to run something past you . When I was thinking about what happened with the bath I was worrying about my daughter absorbing any chemicals like we've discussed but I forgot to ask you in regards ***** ***** bones as I felt worried incase she absorbed any through her skin or ingested through her mouth or eyes . Would it of been absorbed by her bones ? It's just when I was reading everything in my panic it said babies bones are Maluable and soft . I'm worried I could of affected her bones or bone marrow ? Do you have any advice with this .
Many thanks again .
Claire.
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. Again it is long term exposure to chemicals which may harm a bone marrow causing inadequate production of blood cells. This will not be see in exposure to a short term. Also the bones are made up of protein and calcium which give them the hardness that will prevent the damage caused by exposure to chemicals. Also the bones are in a constant state of modeling and remodeling, hence the chemicals will not have an effect on them. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you will this be the case for her at her young age of only 3 months ? That's what concerned me .
Many thanks .
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Yes even at 3 months this exposure will not prevent the development of bones or cause any long term adverse effects. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you . It's just when all the information came up online about leukaemia that's when it was saying about bones and bone marrow . Can I just ask as we discussed previously if the cause of leukemia isn't known , how can I be sure this incident with the chemicals won't be a trigger ? Sorry I'm just trying to understand it all .
Many thanks ,
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, The exact cause is unknown. Just as we are today sure that the food we are giving to our child, the microwave appliances that we are using, the mobile technology that we are using is not the trigger and we continue to use them, similarly unless proved otherwise even this possible exposure is not the trigger. We cannot continue to live in fear that this or that may be the trigger, because we don't know what is. We must base our fears on authentic knowledge like how scientists found out that sleeping on the tummy may be a possible cause for sudden infant death syndrome and advised the public about this danger. So with this knowledge we should take action and prevent a baby from sleeping on the tummy or stomach. But without any scientific evidence we should not fear anything. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's very true there are so many things now that we should and should do , it just scared me when I read that chemicals are linked with leukemia and the thought that I may of exposed her to some is a horrible thought . But again like you say this one accident wouldn't be able to trigger cells to leukemia would it ? Many thanks again for your explanation .
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Yes there have to repeated exposure for a long time and our body has mechanisms that will repair any injury that may have occurred due to one time exposure. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry do you mean yes it would trigger cells ?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
What I mean is that in the unlikely event of injury, and even if injury does occur our cells will repair it and go back to normalcy. So no need to worry.
Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so even know the exact cause isn't known would it be known that this type of incident isn't a cause if that makes sense ?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Yes this is not the cause since the body will easily repair any harm or damage that may have been caused by exposure for a few times. However chronic exposure may be the cause and this should be avoided.
Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand and have made sure we don't make this mistake again. I'm sure I only used the sponge once by mistake but as I said before my husband said he may of accidently used it a few times in between me cleaning so there may of been more chemicals on the sponge , but he can't be sure is this still ok and will a babies body repair itself and cells as well as an adults .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Yes a few times would not be a problem and the child's cells will repair any damage better than an adult.
Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh that's really comforting to know . And would that be the case even if she did suck some off her hands or it got in her body through her eyes or ears ? I don't think it did but it crossed my mind due to her having the rash on her skin there must of been some chemicals there to irritate her was my concern .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer
Yes that would still be the case.
Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lovely thankyou . You know you were saying earlier about faulty genes . Do you know if your child has this ? I'm just worried if I have exposed her to these chemicals and she has got the faulty gene the risk of leukemia is there ?
Many thanks ,
Claire .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doctor Ravoof .
Did you receive my last question.
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Sorry I was not online for a few days. These genes are hereditary in majority of cases and you should not worry about a few time exposure to a chemical causing a permanent faulty gene to develop. And even if a faulty gene develops due to exposure to any injury our body normally repairs it. So no need to worry. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi There.
No worries , I realise It was over the Xmas period . Thank you for you re assuring reply . I'm sorry I've asked so many questions about this. It's just when I saw my GP about it she made me feel more anxious as she said repeated exposure to small amounts can cause latent period and affect us later in adulthood so I was worried then there's a risk I could cause my child to develop leukemia in adulthood . She was very vague and as I asked you before she said the cause is unknown which made me then worry this incident could be a cause . She was saying "so far " research shows this and that but who knows for the future , so then of course it made me concerned that future research may suggest this incident again could be a cause .
I just wanted to explain why I'm asking so much and just wondered what your thoughts were on this .
Many thanks again for your time.
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
You are welcome.
In your case there is thankfully no risk according to the current scientific knowledge, and there are no studies or evidence based medicine which prove that there is a risk. Hence you can relax and not worry about this anymore.
Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much . is that how we know this type of incident isn't a cause then ? Even if the cause is unknown .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Yes this is how we know and can be certain that there will be no harm in the future. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much . May I ask and I know we can't predict the future but I'm just thinking because leukemia must be something that is researched all the time should I be worried that the knowledge could change and this incident could become a risk by the time she is an adult ? That's what keeps playing on my mind .
Many thanks again .
Claire x
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. I don't think that anyone should worry about the unknown. There are lot of things that can be done to prevent diseases that we know of by vaccination and medications. If we start to worry about the unknown then everything becomes an incident to worry about, and even one can worry about the water that one consumes. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you . Yes it's very true and do you think the knowledge that you told me about our bodies getting rid and repairing after possible contact with chemicals will still stand in years to come ? I'm just so afraid knowledge may change and this might cause her future harm .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for your question.
Yes it will be correct in future also since it is based on many studies.
Take care.
Please don't forget to rate the answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Ravoof .
Thank you for getting back to me. I guess what I'm trying to assertain is that research is forever changing and I keep thinking what if they suddenly find that something like this can cause leukemia in adult life. Do you think that I can feel confident that between now and her becoming an adult this will still remain to be no risk to her if that makes sense .
Thank you for your time again .
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, I fully understand what you want to know and I can say with confidence that you have nothing to be concerned about and this incidence does not increase the risk for the future development of leukemia in adult life. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and can I be sure it will remain that way ? It's just I keep thinking what if thoughts change on this with future research .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Yes this will remain this way since theories may change but established facts on the cellular repair and development of cancer based on numerous scientific studies will not change in the future. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much you have been so patient with me I realise I have gone on and on . She's just so precious to me and I have worried about this for ages now. May I just ask she had her 3 month injections that week as well and my mind working overtime just worried about her immune system . That incident as well as her jabs wouldn't of been able to cause harm would it in regards ***** ***** ect ? I just keep thinking as there wasn't much water in the baby bath and I didn't re bath and rinse her until the next day as I didn't realise what had happened till then . All the cleaning products that were on the sponge from cillit bang foam spray to napisan ect could of remained on her ? She was well after her bath but she did sleep solidly for 3 hours that night which was unusual so it just made me think about her immune system .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, You are welcome. Yes considering all this and based on the scientific facts she is at no increased risk for any cancer due to this incident and also her vaccination. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you . I meant to ask you before when you mentioned microwaves . I'm reading and preparing for weaning in the coming months and am wanting to do home prepared meals . Would you consider microwaves safe for use with babies ?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Yes it is safe for use. No need to worry. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahh ok thank you . When you mentioned microwaves , food and mObiles ect before did you mean these things were considered safe and no link with cancers has been proven ? Also one last thing if her sleepiness after the bath was down to the chemicals she may of been in contact with would that still not mean it could of been a sign it was damaging her immune system or cells ? I'm kind of hoping she would of been irritable if it was the chemicals and this is just coincidence .
Many thanks ,
Claire .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Yes I meant that these were safe. It is highly possible that this was just coincidental and not due to the short term effect of the chemical. The skin will act as a barrier. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I was hoping that as the cillit bang especially is quite corrosive so surely I would know if any had affected her apart from the rash . Should I tell you what type of household chemicals these were ingredient wise as some are quite strong with benzene type products in I think or will it make no difference in regards ***** ***** information you've told me on cells . It's just when I was reading up in my panic it said s babies body absorbs more due to there small size in comparison to what an adult absorbs and that the chemicals used in household products penetrate the skin which makes them absorb more but again I'm hoping after speaking with you this is just scare mungering articles online which i will no longer read .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Yes these articles are just written without any references, hence are not trustworthy. Irrespective of the chemical a few times exposure to household cleaning chemicals will not lead to cancer in the long term. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and am I right in thinking of the sleepiness was linked it would still only be short term affect rather than long term damage to cells or immune system such as endocrine disruption .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Yes you are right. No long term effects. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok even if it did cause drowsiness with the rash like I was concerned about ,
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Yes even if it caused these symptoms. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you so much for all your help you've been really reassuring and helpful I do really appreciate your time .
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, You are welcome. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Ravoof
May I just check something else with you . My daughter was playing with one of her new toys that she had for Xmas and when I packed awAy I noticed a few tags had been left on the toy the tiny white T shape ones that attach the toy to the box, I thought I'd cut them away . I became concerned she may of swallowed one as she coughed a little whilst playing . If she had and the tag became inbedded in her throat or tummy I'm worried it could stay there for years or something ? Of course I stupidly googled and it said this can cause cancer /leukemia due to plastic in the body. Should I worry about this ? Sorry to ask .
Claire
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Please accept any of the above answers by clicking five stars before we start a discussion on a new topic. Thanks.
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience: Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.