DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have several inflamed lesions around my body, particularly

I have several inflamed lesions around my body, particularly on my right leg. I have seen several doctors who have no idea what it is, and a consultant dermatologist who recommended I get referred to his clinic to study them. However, the condition is rapidly getting worse over the last couple of days, and I'm becoming concerned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sores start with an intense burning and itching sensation. After 20 minutes or so, they appear light brown and are wet to touch. Then the sores scab over, although the scab is very weak and sticky and tends to come off very easily. Often if the scab gets removed, it will bleed excessively.The new condition that has happened tonight is the pimples around the most recent sore on my leg. My calf is currently burning.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose if you could close the question it would be fine. I'll see my GP tomorrow and see what they think the best action is, even if they aren't sure what the condition is. I just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had any thoughts.Thanks anyway, Andy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get a status update on this case? Us it still open or is it being closed. I don't mind it remaining open as my GP didn't have any idea, but my dermatologist appointment is still 3 months away.
Hello Andy,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's okay, I understand this may be a more difficult case than most as the sores are unusual.I'm okay to wait.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's fine, I understand that this particular case may require specific expertise. Just let me know if nobody has any idea, if that's possible.Andy
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
These are typical of staph infection.
I really can't believe no one sent a sample to the lab.
The bug can be recurrent and some people are susceptible.
However, you can not get treatment here, or a 100% diagnosis. We simply answer questions.
YOu need
a. a swab for the lab. Or even a skin sample.
b. A cream called mupiricin, which has good staph coverage.
I am a double board certified clinical doctor.
Save time and find me by request in medical at any time.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the initial diagnosis. I have just done some brief research on staph infections since reading your reply.Is it possible these lesions are scalded skin syndrome? If so, with it being Christmas, getting antibiotics will take time with everywhere being closed. The sores seem to be spreading at a rapid rate recently, so should I possibly still emergency medication, or is it something I can leave for a few days?Andy
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiWe do not diagnose, we answer questions, and I can only give you possibilities.This does not look like scalded skin syndrome.However, anything rapidly spreading warrants a trip to the ER. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.