Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I fell down our stairs on Friday night and bumped my head I

I fell down our stairs on Friday night and bumped my head I got checked at a & e on Saturday and diagnosed mild concussion. Is it normal to still not be feeling 100% now? I'm feeling slightly nausea, and wobbly on my feet if I do too much. I also have a really upset stomach but assume that's not related. I have a mild headache on and off but more across my eyes. I did spend the whole day yesterday on my of but didn't have my glasses on.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes it is normal to have symptoms of concussion for few days and in some people they can show up for weeks even. Your upset stomach is not related here but is contributing to your symptoms of concussion. I am assuming that you have had a CT scan of your brain done. Not wearing glasses can have an input as well. To conclude, I would say that yes it is likely to be concussion only. Drink plenty of Gatorade and observe bed rest. Hopefully you will start feeling better soon. If symptoms worsen, see your doctor but hopefully you will be alright. There is no need to worry about anything serious at this stage as you already had an evaluation done. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. They didn't feel a ct scan was necessary as they did a full examination and my symptoms were/are very mild. I have just moved house and haven't been able to rest either, I assume this could prolong the symptoms as well? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I assumed that they did a CT scan because they should have done it before declaring it a concussion. Since your symptoms have developed after the visit, still it can be concussion but I would suggest a visit to emergency room now and they should do a CT scan now. It' may be just your upset stomach but risk should not be taken and anything going on in brain should be ruled out. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the symptoms are no worse than when I visited a & e and they don't routinely do ct scans where I live unless a severe head injury is expected. I have been feeling highly anxious and wonder if this could also be a contributory factor also? I was given a leaflet and have of the symptoms that indicate a severe head injury.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I think anxiety is playing a role as well. Drink plenty of water and observe bed rest and decide accordingly. Hopefully you will be fine soon. Please remember to rate my answer to proceed. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery