Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Two weeks ago after returning home from a family meal

Hi, Two weeks ago after returning home from a family meal my heart suddenly started racing. It happened all of a sudden and felt very fast indeed. I went to the emergency department and was diagnosed with SVT. I was given a drug called Adenosine which was effective. I was admitted to hospital overnight and discharged the next day. Blood test showed I had low Phosphate levels and I was given an IV Phosphate infusion and given Phosphate Sandoz to take over the next few days. My question is if there could be a link between the low Phosphate and the SVT. I am only 29 and fit and healthy so I don't understand the cause of this STV. It just came out of nowhere. Many thanks for help

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hia and thanks for query,Yes low phosphate, along with low potasium and magnesium levels do cause cardiac arrhythmias one of them is SVT, so low phosphate is the likely cause of your SVT.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** *****