Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Good afternoon, a gentleman friend of mine, has a growth which

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
a gentleman friend of mine, has a growth which has been growing for about 4 years apparently, and it goes from his genital area and is 'going round the back' he says. He is too afraid to see a Doctor, as his wife died two years ago of Leukemia, and was bleeing from every orifice.
He does not seem to have any change in weight, and is working normally.
He doesn't know I am contacting you, but I am naturally concerned. He does not seem to be in any pain.
Could this be a begnigne growth? Or would it probably be cancer:
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Although benign growths are far more common than cancerous growths, the description of continued growth for 4 year that is now growing towards the back is much more worrisome for a cancer.
If you have a picture of the growth, then a better comment can be made, but if he does not know that you have contacted us, then he probably also would not allow you to take a picture.
I would note that the most common skin cancers, basal cell carcinoma, are typically not life threatening, while the skin cancers that are life threatening, melanoma, are much less common. The common skin cancer will continue to grow in the location in which they are growing, but typically will not spread to other locations on the body. But the longer that he waits to get it addressed, the treatment will be more difficult.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Your second question actually got posted to the Law category and I just now saw it.
The experts cannot see your personal information, including your e-mail address. However, if you want to print the answer, the easiest method would be to highlight, copy, and paste the answer into a word processing program and print from there.
If you need it to be in an e-mail message, then customer service may be able to assist you.