Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have started to get pain in my throat especially when swallowing

I have started to get pain in my throat especially when swallowing & more on my right side, I decided to look in the mirror and can see a few white things In my tonsil which leads me to believe I have Tonsillitis but I also noticed a spot under the tonsil on the Pharyngeal arch, what is this please?
Image here: http://imgur.com/8Ap6CSK
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The spots on the tonsils are pus follicles while the spot on pharyngeal arch is a swollen lymphatic nodule secondary to infection. You can start with OTC tablet Tylenol thrice daily and hopefully you will start feeling better soon in few days. If symptoms persist after 3 to 5 days or if you develop fever more than 101, see your doctor as you may need antibiotics. I reassure you being an assistant professor of ENT that there is nothing serious specially if you are worried about cancer, just take my words and forget it. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor Hassan, thanks for your reply. Glad that nodule is nothing serious, I was a little worried about it as I've never seen that before. I've always had problems with my Tonsils over the years. The swollen lymphatic nodule appears due to the infection but will go once the infection has passed is that correct? Also why does a nodule come up is it just because the area is inflamed?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. Yes it is just due to infection and inflammation and will go away soon. Just relax :). I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards