Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Gdmor.pls my 3 years old daughter did an abdominal scan which

Gdmor.pls my 3 years old daughter did an abdominal scan which showed she had mesenteric adinitis.she has been on Rose fin antibiotics for 2 days now but she has no a petite and is still complaining of stomach pain.pls how do we treat this
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Which pain killer she is on? Has the intensity of pain reduced so far in last 2 days? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes d intensity has reduced.but she has not eaten any solid for two days and she vomited last nit.she woke up this morning feeling weak with the same stomach pain near her belly button region
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Please provide me with your skype Id if you want me to call there otherwise I am going to post an answer here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't really remember my Skype Id. Pls help txt your reply.iam really worried as she is my only child and we live in a town in nigeria were the medical care is poor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know what to do now
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Please wait, I am typing an answer. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls are you on imo or can I call u.still waiting for your reply
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. It is too early to expect complete response from Rocephin. You should give it at least 2 more days to give betterment in symptoms but the main concern here is loss of appetite and no food intake for last 2 days. This can be due to antibiotic as a side effect. Ideally you should take her to ER as they should admit her and give her intravenous fluids to prevent dehydration. If that is not possible then yes I do have suggestions which you can try before you visit ER;1. Give her Tylenol syrup 6 hourly2. Syrup Gaviscon 1 tea spoon thrice daily3. Make her drink over the counter available oral rehydration solution like pedialyte (as much as she can) This will prevent dehydration.4. Try to feed her with soft diet like porridge, banana, toast, egg etc. You have to encourage her. If you feel improvement after these measures in next 6 hours and if the child remain active, continue these measures and if symptoms persist or worsen in between, go to ER. Don't worry I am hopeful that she is going to be alright. I wish her good luck and that she gets well soon. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks.we are actually at our local er place now they have just admitted her now and about to fix d intavenous fluid which we call drip here and they want to add b complex to it .can I still go ahead with these measures after they fix the drip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doc pls I just sent another comment
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. Yes you can still go ahead with these measures but since you are in ER, please discuss these measures with her doctor as well. I am sure he will not deny because she need them but it's better to inform the doctor. Please keep me informed about her well being. My best wishes and prayers will be following her :) Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks doc.please I forgot to add also that her temperature rises especially at night in d past two days
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is because of infection. Once it settles, the temperature will be ok. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok .please should they continue the paluta injection for malaria since the infection is what makes her temperature rise
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
yes paluta must be continued as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok doc.thank you so much.pls will keep u posted asap.iam grateful
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doc hassan.thank u very much.my daughter is gradually responding to the treatment.she was given intravenous fluid yesterday and I discussed your measures with the doc.he continued with the rosephin antibiotics plus the paluta injection.i have also given her gaviscon liquid and capol paracetamol every 6 hours as we do not have tylenol here in nigeria.i have also tried to encourage her to eat soft food like egg.but her appetite is still very low.she has been taking mostly water.please how long should the rocephin antibiotics continues as she has taken it now for 3 days.and pls what can she take to improve her appetite.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have replied on the new post.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u very much
Much regards
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
:)