Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have had a sore pinus days today there was blood in

I have had a sore pinus for 5 days today there was blood in my urine
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. The symptoms indicates that you have a urinary tract infection, most likely in the tube which runs through your penis (urethra) but it can be anywhere from kidney to urethra. If you are sexually active this infection might have been transmitted sexually. If you are worried about anything serious like cancer, I would like to reassure you and give you my words that anything like that is not possible and out of question with this much short history and these symptoms. You can take OTC tablet Aleve twice daily for pain and should drink cranberry juice along with plenty of water but you should visit ER now to get examined and investigated by urine R/E and urine culture. A course of antibiotics will cure you, don't worry. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards