Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have grey discolouration on my groin area and have a raised

Customer Question

i have grey discolouration on my groin area and have a raised bump by the opening of my anus. is this normal?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Can you please send me a picture or two so that I can help you out in a better way.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, no problem.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the late response.
Has the lotriderm helped any?
For how long have you been using this?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
been using the lotriderm for when its really bad. but in the last 2 months it hasnt helped.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry forgot to say, the lotriderm did help clear it up around the scrotum but not by the anus. the skin around the anus is the worse. I also should mention that i do get constipated, that I have osteoporosis in the lower spine and right hip. soon to be having a full dexa scan as my last one was in 2012.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I think that this discoloration of the skin around the anus may be related to your constipation.
The first thing that you need to do is try your level best to take care of your constipation by taking a high fiber diet with more fruits and vegetables and also increasing fluid in your diet.
The discoloration may very well be due to a fungal infection which is very common in this area and lotriderm is something that should help even around the anus as far as I am concerned but the key thing is that you should not apply this cream for more than a week to two weeks at the most.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Again,
since wednesday last week, i started to get severe pain in the anus area and in my stomach.it started with violent diarrhea and servere cramping which lasted for a day. Ever Since I have felt my stomach is tightening like its tied up and swelling up around the anus. it all feels inflamed. it makes me want to sleep alot. the skin around the bottom towards my coccyxs is very grey and is leaking liquid.
i almost wanted to go to A and E as at times it is really is bad.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
How are you feeling now?
Please let me know.