Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Swollen ankle

Customer Question

Swollen ankle
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
What is your question about your swollen ankle?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you.
Sudden swelling in one ankle is typical of a blood clot.
This must be ruled out immediately in this case.
An ultrasound would be needed.
This is a justifiable trip to A&E.
If you injured it [sprain] swelling would be typical.
I still do not have the details of your situation or what your question is.
Let me know if you have more.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidif you have swelling in both ankles, a blood clot would be less likely.and poor circulation would be more likely, or weakness of your kidneys or weakness of your heart, or excessive salt intake or damage to your kidneys.with a history of high blood pressure, you can have poor circulationaround the holidays, people tend to eat richer foods, higher in sodium and fatthat can cause welling of your ankles as welllet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com