Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Am I depressed? I'm so low and have been 4 months

Am I depressed? I'm so low and have been for prob 4 months now but I can normally drag myself out of it but not this time.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes you are likely severely depressed. 4 months duration also suggests that.Do you have any suicidal ideation?In that case, you will need to seek medical attention urgently.Otherwise, you should start psychotherapy.Anti depressant also should be considered.Fluoxetine or Bupropion should be good option for you.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes def on the suicidal thoughts tho I think my kids stop me from carrying it out. I cry all the time and I don't want to come home- I hear my neighbours music through the walls and it makes me feel sick and go cold. My stomach is in knots all the time- I hate my life at the moment. Panic attacks are frequent - I'm a single mum of 3 kids one has learning difficulties, one poos him self up to 30 times a day and the oldest is ok. I feel like I'm having some sort of breakdown
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is indeed hard circumstances for you.But then you have taken care of your 3 wonderful kids and you should be able to do that still.Better to ask your family for some support at least short term.A domestic help or a baby sitter also should be considered to give you some break--time for yourself.Try to find something you enjoy most.If you are religious, attend religious ceremonies to find some peace.Definitely you should start counseling session.And you should discuss the medication option also with your doctor.i am sure you will do well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to do what you have said thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome.Remember, challenges make you stronger and better person.So do not give up.