Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have over the past few days developed a feeling below

Hi, I have over the past few days developed a feeling below the left side below my rib cage what feels as though something is growing inside me. It feels tight and has been uncomfortable, more so at night in bed, it tends to feel worse as the day progresses. Every now and then slight pain in my abdomen. Put it down to Christmas excesses. Last month I had an op. for hernia by the unbilical cord. In march Had an op. for vericase veins in right leg. My medication is Bendruflumethiazide 2.5mg andAtorvastatin 10mg.
I generally keep fit but have had to stay away from the gym since the hernia op.
I'm 70 yrs old and live on my own since my wife died 18 months ago. Don't mean to be a hypochondriac but can't seem to shift this, I even thought it might be trapped window. If you can help I would be very Grateful. Roy Shirley
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
The location that you mention is the location of the stomach i.e. the location where food first goes to.
I also think that there may be some wind trapped there and I also think that this may have been due to some Christmas excesses.
I would recommend using over-the-shelf zantac 150 mg twice daily along with motilium 10 mg three times a day prior to meals which should help.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at your end.
Kindest regards