DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have pain near my belly button that comes and goes worse

Customer Question

I have pain near my belly button that comes and goes worse after food. My poo is greasy. I'm being sick. On domperodone tablets . I can't eat anything greasy. I have hair loss. This has been 2 years. No investigation from gp....just repeat antisickness tablets. I have nutcracker oesophagus . I'm 9 stone. 5 foot 2. Exercise . Sleep well . When I have pressure on my skin. Like wearing shoes my skin swells reddens
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Sorry to hear about symptoms.You may have chronic pancreatitis.Pancreas is a major digestive organ.Lack of pancreatic enzymes will cause malabsorption of fat and hence greasy stool.Also inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's is also possible.You are also likely deficient on fat soluble vitamins A,D,E,K .Their supplementation is recommended.Hence, you will need to see a gastroenterologist for further evaluation.You need to follow a low fat diet with gradual increase in dietary fiber content meanwhile.Digestive enzyme supplements before each meal also will help.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is a different expert and I have a different answer for youPancreatitis does not typically cause pain around the belly button. In fact, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis and stomach ulcer do not typically cause pain in this location. These are remote possibilities for your pain, only. Such problems typically cause pain high in the abdomen and under the rib cage.Typically, this area represents small bowel.You could have small bowel overgrowth.Domperidone rarely causes bowel pain but can.Ovarian problems need to be ruled out, even though this pain is high up for that. As do bladder and uterine problems.Stool might look greasy but this does not mean you have fat in your school or that you need pancreatic enzymes. You are not giving any history at all of any factor that would give you chronic pancreatitis. Long term heavy use of alcohol is the common cause, or diabetes.You might lave other problems as well and a scan might be indicated.It would be very difficult in the UK to go directly to a GI doctor.You would have to have a referral from your GP.You should discuss with your GP:IBS: irritable bowel.Small bowel lesions and small bowel over growth.The possible need for a scan if indicated by exam. A correct scan can rule out problems the upper organs, but your pain does not seem to indicate this.I am a double board certified clinical doctor.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget a positive rating as this is how we are paid.Find Dr. Thomas in medical any time during the week and on weekends.