Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a bad headache mostly to the front of my face. A high

I have a bad headache mostly to the front of my face. A high temperature, but can also fluctuate with chills. This is the third day of symptoms.
I had a few mouthfuls of Christmas dinner yesterday, but was sick later on. I don't fancy eating anything. I am trying to drink warm water, and have taken paracetamol which seems to help a little.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You have bad sinus infection or sinusitis.You should consider oral antibiotic course with azithromycin or doxycycline.Ibuprofen may help with pain better.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your speedy reply.
Is sinusitis catching, ie can I spread the infection?
Fran
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can --since it is a bacterial infection.Better to use face mask or cover your mouth during coughing or sneezing.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello:This is a different expert.I am a double board certified clinical doctor.You need to go to A&E now.This is not something to consider or think about, but you need to start treatment now, and not on your own.This type of infection, which has already gone on 3 days, can in some cases proceed to serious problems.Good luck.Find me, Dr. Thomas, any time in the medical category by request for fast, up to date, safe, comprehensive an precise answers.