Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Dear Dr. Hasan I need help regarding HIV testing

Dear Dr. Hasan
I need help regarding HIV testing
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr. Hasan
I need help regarding HIV testing. I doubted a hiv exposure so i got tested after 14 days of window period tests 1[ RNA PCR/ P24 antigen/ HIV DUO]
After 4 weeks ie in 5 th week repeated the above tests again.
after 7.4 weeks got hiv 1& 2 antibody test. All are negative . Do i need further testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Files attached. RNA 1 & 2 + other tests
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. You don't need any further testing practically. In your case as you have been tested negative for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies at 7th week, it is confirmatory now that you don't have to worry and should forget that you have got HIV from any exposure. Please relax. I wish you a happy and healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr . Hasan
Do other tests hv not much importance? As u hv based conclusion on only 1 test.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. It's not the matter of being important. It's the matter of being accurate. The negative antibody test at 7th week means that you are negative for HIV and it's confirmatory. Other tests have less sensitivity and specificity. I wish you a happy and healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr.
I want know the sensitivity of tests. Cauz the Dr , MD pathology told me that RNA PCR looks into the molecule and genetic material in the 14 th day and looks for the virus itself. Also he said it is conclusive. P24 is less accurate. What are your your views on this test as i took RNA PCR 2 times 2 weeks & 5th week.? I am not convinced cauz lot of Dr, say antibody is final at 3 weeks. So i am looking at both tests together to give me a final negative.
Sorry for bothering you but its confusing for me
Thanks & Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps. Pls also look at attached files
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Antibody testing for HIV 1 and 2 is final , accurate and confirmatory at 3rd to 4th weeks. This is according to guidelines US department for health and human services and here is flow chart for your reassurance. I wish you a happy and healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr.
Thanks for the chart, however the exact wording in the chart is "3 to 4 weeks earleir then the PREVIOUS GUIDLEINE"
not final in 3 to 4 weeks/ so I interpreted it as 7 to 8 weeks . Am I correct.? Many Thanks
I am studying the full PDF will revert
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Yes you have got it right. You have tested negative at 7th so nothing to worry. All the best. Please remember to rate my answer. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery