Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 46 year old son has had a cough 5 days. He is

my 46 year old son has had a cough for about 5 days. He is coughing up blood sometimes. He says that when he coughs it feels like razor blades in his throat.
should he seek urgent help(ie a walk in centre) or wait to see a doctor tomorrow? The walk in centre is 3/4 hour drive from home.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,As he is suffering from the condition for 5 days, he can wait for 24 hours but he should visit his physician on priority basis tomorrow so that thorough examination can be done and treatment can be started accordingly. Meanwhile steam inhalation, voice rest and lozenges can help.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish him good health.