DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I was taken into hospital on Thursday with possible appendicitis,

I was taken into hospital on Thursday with possible appendicitis, after having
Scan and bloods they said it was a burst cyst on my overies which I had a lot of
Fluid on my pelvics, I still have a lot of pain in my lower right hand side
Of my back and my front right hip area, is this to do with my burst cyst and the
Fluid or do I need to go be checked for appendicitis?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Ruptured ovarian cyst also can cause similar symptoms like appendicitis.Pain may persist for few days.But it will subside with rest and pain medications.Appendicitis is unlikely since your scan did not show any inflammation.Hence you may wait for now.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, was just worried with the pain been in that area but that has put my mind at rest for a little bit,
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeDo not worry.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is appendicitis until proven otherwise.It has been three days.Go back for a re evaluation now.Will be glad to review the scan report.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeDo not worry.This is NOT appendicitis since you already have negative scan.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The scans and blood results on Thursday showed no signs of appendicitis, just a burst cyst, the pain isn't really bad but it's there and moving from my lower back to my front lower right,
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is very reassuring.Appendicitis related pain would have worsened over time.But ruptured ovarian cyst related pain gradually improves.Since you are getting better, this is ovarian cyst related pain.That will subside in few days.Do not worry.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HI.This is the second expert.A negative scan, particularly an ultrasound, but even a CT in light of fluid in the pelvis, does not rule out apopendicitis. The pain localizing in the right lower quadrant is typical of appendicitis, after being more diffuse. Appendicitis pain can get better for a time after rupture. I am positive that your doctors left it open for you to receive hands on follow up, which is what you should do now. I urge you to play it safe, so that dangerous possibilities are ruled out hands on.Even a CT scan can miss 24% of acute appendix casesSee this reference:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19185439Please go to A&E.Can it be the cyst, yes.Can it be worse, yes.Only a hands on exam can be certain.I am board certified in adult medicine. I have seen this scenario numerous times over 20 years. I have worked with surgeons and verified the possibilities of your situation exactly with them many times. Always err on the side of safety.Let me know how it goes. If you appreciate my expertise , please click a positive on my answer page here, Dr. Thomas.Find me any time for correct, safe, comprehensive and precise, clinically up to date answers.If you go, please give me some feed back. It is likely to be OK, but you must make sure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They sent me home with pain killers and no follow up?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiGood news if they think you are OK.Then I recommend that you follow up with your doctor.Arrange this tomorrow, and have your GP see you as early in the week as possible. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was on Thursday they sent me home with no follow up needed just to take pain relief, I don't know what to do now, i have just got the niggling pain back in my Lower right adomen
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
My answer is exactly the same then.Go back and tell them the developments.That is perfectly legit. I already explained to you above why you need follow up.That is my answer.please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily. We are only paid per positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.