Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am experiencing upper right quadrant stomach discomfort.

I am experiencing upper right quadrant stomach discomfort. It feels swollen, not particularly painful but I am concerned. Its accompanied with a feeing of nausea most days and a lack of appetite which is intermittent also. Urine isn't particularly dark. No other symptoms. I have a scan in around 2 weeks but do I need to be seeing someone sooner?
Regards ***** ***** you
Luke
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,You are probably suffering from inflammation of gall bladder, most common cause is gall stones. You need to avoid fatty meals completely as it aggravates the condition. Omeprazole 40mg per day would help. If pain is severe and nausea turns into vomiting you need to see your doctor immediately.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been told this by the GP when I went to visit. Will I be okay to wait another 2 weeks with this condition? No vomiting but sometimes feels like I'm going to throw up but it's a burp. No severe pain just discomfort. Also feels like I have back pain.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply,Yes these symptoms are norm for this condition, you can wait, just take precautions by avoiding fatty meals so that condition does not flare up.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best Wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it fairly common for someone who is 27? What can I take to ease the nausea until my appointment? Thanks again
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is common condition, do not get worried as it is treatable . You can take omeprazole and any anti nauseous drug like metoclopramide whatever is available over the counter. You can try ginger tea as well.Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a history of anabolic steroids and recently been suffering at the hands of propecia (finasteride) so perhaps these have something to do with it? Will try these medications thank you. I will leave positive feedback
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome,Do not forget to leave a positive rating.Best wishes.