Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I had a tonsillectomy in May 2015 after which the new wall

Customer Question

I had a tonsillectomy in May 2015 after which the new wall came out prematurely on day 3 and tore an artery and I lost several pints of blood. I've restored my iron to full and have had my b12 and folate tested and it's fine. Even 7 months on I'm exhausted. My doc sent me for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy as I had had some blood in my stool. Apart from having a minor polyp removed all was okay. I didn't really take time out after the tonsillectomy so is it possible that will a full iron could (275) it's still this when I have had periods when I've felt fine?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
if the colonoscopy and gastroscopy didn't find the area of bleeding, you might need a pill endoscopy procedure to look into your small bowels
sometimes small AVM or arterial malformations in the small bowel can cause sporatic bleeding and this can cause black tar like stools and loss of blood silently which can lead to anemia and low red blood cell counts and fatigue.
you should also get your thyroid hormone levels tested as well which can cause fatigue.
viral infections like mononucleosis can cause long term fatigue as well.
let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
thanks for accepting additional services
my contact information is below
thanks for using JustAnswer.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i just check if you are to call me or i you - if you are calling me I'm in the UK so its +447881944793
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I'm calling you back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could be talking to anyone, it didn't sound very professional so i'd appreciate a refund for the call.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I'm Dr. David, a USA drained MD doctor at work
let me know if you have other questions