Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Starting on Xmas day and lasting 24 hours I had dizziness and

Starting on Xmas day and lasting 24 hours I had dizziness and vomited apparently from a partial blocked left ear. Now it has happened again but not so severely. Is this a mechanical problem or an infection of the inner ear?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Dizziness and vomiting can commonly be from an infection of the inner ear, but if there are findings of a partially blocked ear on exam, it is more likely that it is an infection of the middle ear.
It is possible to have a mechanical blockage of the ear that predisposes someone to recurrent infections, but we usually are not concerned about this possibility until there has been chronic or recurrent infections over a longer period of time.
Please let me know if I can provide any clarification.