Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I'm a bit worried as u had my period about 2 weeks ago but

Customer Question

I'm a bit worried as u had my period about 2 weeks ago but I seem to be bleeding on and off only when I wipe a few days ago it was really light pinkish blood b4 my period this happened a few times as well now it's almost most time I wipe but not enough to be another period
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
How regular have your periods been lately?Do you use anything for birth control?Is there any chance of an STD?Did your last period start when expected? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I'm not on any birth control I started to go in the pill about 9 weeks ago but only took 3 pills . No it didn't start wen it normally does I have been checked for std a few months ago I am still with the same partner
The fact that your last period didn't start when expected means that the current bleeding is likely due to hormonal changes, possibly related to stress.Hormonal changes are not unusual, and can result in spotting or bleeding in an irregular manner.They will often resolve themselves with time, but it's probably a good idea to see your doctor to check it out.Assuming everything else checks out, your doctor can give you some progesterone pills, which will help to clear up the bleeding.As long as there is no STD, and you've previously had fairly regular periods, this bleeding is unlikely to be anything serious. Best wishes.