Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Need help please. I am going to explain my situation. In

Need help please.
I am going to explain my situation. In July 2014 I had an unprotected anal and vaginal encounter with a heterosexual guy. I am English and so is he. I have tested five times, four times with BioSURE Home self testing kits. They give a result in the home in 15 minutes and are third generation antibody tests. All four negative at 13, 14 and two at 15 months post first exposure. I had a fourth generation test in November this year at a clinic. This came back negative too. This was at 15 months post exposure. Am I negative from the first encounter?
Also I had an encounter in August 2015 with a heterosexual guy. We never had anal, vaginal or oral sex, but he did finger me and I touched his Penis. There was never any genital to genital penetration or insertion. Am I at risk from HIV in this situation? The last test I had was in November and it was negative. (Fourth generation test at 15 months post first exposure and 8 weeks post second exposure). Do i need to test again for the second exposure?
Am I negative?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for query,You are negative after first encounter. If it comes negative 8 weeks after post second exposure, there is very less chances of HIV. You should get one test at 12 weeks to be on safe side if it is negative than no need to test further. So three months after second exposure a negative test indicates no further testing.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.Is mutual masturbation for the second exposure a risk for HIV?I am beyond three months since second exposure but I dont want to test again for fear of it changing to positive.Also, does some symptoms after both encounters suggest anything?Thanks.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply,Mutual masturbation is not significant risk factor for HIV, sometimes flu like symptoms occur after infection but most of the times no symptoms are observed.Please do leave a positive rating.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for the reply.So given that it was only mutual masturbation, do I need to be worried about the result changing after three months?
They symptoms that I had after the first exposure, were around two weeks after possible exposure. It lasted for a day or two and was a bad headache and chills. The second time it was around a month after and it was headache, Tonsilitis and general malaise. Do these worry you?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
If it was only mutual masturbation no need to test again. As long as fourth generation tests are negative after both encounters you are negative for HIV so symptoms can be because of other reasons. So no need to get worried.Please do leave a positive rating.Happy holidays.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again for the response.It was mutual masturbation as I said, he fingered me and I touched his Penis. This is mutual masturbation isn't it? There was no genital to genital penetration. No anal, vaginal or oral sex.Thank you again.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes, this type of contact is not significatnt and is not route of transmission of HIV, so do not get anxious.Do not forget to leave a positive rating.BEST.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again for the response.I probably will take another test soon just to be sure. Hopefully it will remain negative.Thank you again for all your help.Best wishes and happy holidays.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.Please do leave a positive rating.
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.