Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

The front of my bum hole has become very swollen and painful,

The front of my bum hole has become very swollen and painful, sometimes bleeds slightly. What is the problem and what can i use to cure it?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is likely a swollen inflamed hemorrhoid.You should follow a high fiber diet and take a stool softener daily to keep your stool soft.Metamucil and Senna tablets can be together for better action.Sitz bath is recommended for possible hemorrhoid treatment.Sitz bath is a bowl of warm water to sit on to relax the anal muscles and improve blood circulation in the hemorrhoids.Anusol HC rectal cream a combination of lidocaine and hydrocortisone can be used 3 times daily to reduce swelling and pain.Please also see your doctor for clinical evaluation.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/