Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have recently had cystitis, which I tried to clear

I have recently had cystitis, which I tried to clear with sachets from the pharmacy.
This didn't work so I visited the doctor, who prescribed antibiotics.
It no longer burns when I go to the toilet, but even after two weeks, my wee smells really bad, I believe I am hydrated as it is clear but just smells really strong - it wasn't like this before this flared up.
My doctor didn't ask for a sample when I visited - should I go back? not sure if I should be concerned?
Michelle
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There is definitely a possibility of still having an infection in your urine. Bad smell can be because of that. Sometime bad smell can be the only symptom. Yes you should be concerned and you should see your doctor to get urine culture and urine R/E to get to the cause. Further antibiotic should be given according to the culture report and I reassure you that you are going to be alright as there is nothing serious. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards