Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I have had lower stomache discomfort a week now and

I have had lower stomache discomfort for over a week now and although my toilet habits have not changed I have less urge to urinate.
I suffer from health anxiety as well
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Where exactly in your abdomen do you have discomfort? Was the gaviscon beneficial? Do you have any pain while passing urine? What medications do you take daily? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain when urinating and my urine is pretty clear . Been taking vitamins and some paracetamol. The pain is normally lower and not constant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer, Thanks for your reply. Basically with these vague symptoms only an examination by a doctor can lead to a proper diagnosis. Anxiety may also be causative or a contributory factor. Have you seen your doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Were any investigations done?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other symptoms such as nausea or fever?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've not seen a doctor yet no
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
How severe is the abdominal discomfort?
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Are you on any treatment for anxiety? Do you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No fever or nausea the pain is not severe it's like trapped wind
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not on any treatment for my anxiety
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I have ibs
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. There are many conditions which may cause pain in this region including gas pains which may be sharp, jabbing pains or cramps in your abdomen and may occur anywhere in the abdomen and can change locations quickly and get better quickly. However for diagnosing these gas pains other conditions needs to be ruled out such as renal stones or musculoskeletal conditions.You need to avoid foods and beverages that contain excess air such as carbonated drinks, and milk shakes. Avoid overeating, or eating too rapidly, or eating while under emotional stress or anxiety. Drinking large amounts of liquids with meals or soon after eating meals must also be avoided. You can have liquids after 10 or 15 minutes. Drinking may introduce air into the stomach especially when liquids are taken with a straw. Exercise is also helpful since physical activity may help to move the gas through the digestive tract. Also gas pain will not occur for a long duration and if you are getting prolonged abdominal pain which is severe then you need to go to the emergency. Also if you are having any new symptoms such as bloody stools, or vomiting, or chest pain then again you need to see your doctor as soon as possible since this pain is not likely due to gas. Take care.