Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Good morning, My daughter recently suffered from a trapped

Customer Question

Good morning, My daughter recently suffered from a trapped nerve in her shoulder. Since then she has suffered from muscular back pain and a burning sensation down the front of her body all on the right hand side.
Could you please give me some indication of the cause of this and is it related to her shoulder? As you can imagen this is very worrying.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
A trapped nerve in the shoulder could be related to upper back pain, but would not be related to pain lower in the back or the burning sensation down the entire front side of the body.
It is possible that both symptoms could be related to similar issues. The trapped nerve in the shoulder could be related to degenerative changes in the shoulder. And degenerative changes in the spine could be causing the back pain and burning sensation.
There are other possible causes of the back pain and burning sensation, such as chronic muscle strain, but it would require a proper evaluation to determine the cause of the symptoms.
The ibuprofen may help with many of these conditions, and if the symptoms resolve, it may not be necessary to pursue any further evaluation.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.