Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Feeling of a weight under my ribs (Left) there all the time.

Feeling of a weight under my ribs (Left) there all the time. Top of abdomen swollen but soft. GP said there were no lump or anything he could feel. Cant lift my left arm without discomfort in the left rib area. Recently had successful surgery for endometrial cancer (5 mnths ago). Had this discomfort for almost a year. Affecting my mobility because of the discomfort.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you have any nausea, vomiting or problem with eating?The location of the pain can be due to the underlying liver or gallbladder problem.They usually cause other symptoms as well.Otherwise, this can be pinched nerve related problem.Pinched nerve at thoracic spine can cause radiating pain under your ribcage.Hence, you should first get a abdominal ultrasound to rule out any liver or gallbladder problem.If normal, then you should consider physical therapy to help with your symptoms.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reply was quick and I have further ammunition now to take to my G{P when I visit again. Thank you. 10/10.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome and Happy new year