DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Ihave a raised gamma liver count 180 and another raised liver

ihave a raised gamma liver count 180 and another raised liver count in my blood test , i don't drink , am really worried
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm very sorry about this.Has any follow up testing been done?There are a lot of possibilities.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloAs I understand it, you have a raised GGT and one other enzyme.This indicates liver inflammation.You need further testing to see what the underlying cause is.FirstHepatitis B and C screen.ANA to help exclude autoimmune hepatitis.Iron studies and Ferritin to help exclude hemachromatosis, which is prevelent age 30 to 50 appoximately as far as the onset.Exclusion of liver toxins.Exclusions of several other diseases.In some cases an ultrasound or CT can be helpful.In some cases a liver biopsy is needed.Have your GP order the initial tests, and if needed, refer you to a hepatologist [liver doctor. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had full bloods done and they were the only two raised , my sugar was also a little high , I'm am worried about cancer. my blood count was good
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
ThanksAnd thanks for accepting additional services.AS far as a diet that keeps liver inflammation down, that is a nutrient dense, anti inflammatory diet.We use it as a standard in integrative medicine and functional medicine.The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like thisleafy greensgreen veggiesother veggieswhole fruit, beans and peasWhole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refinedSeeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.A little tofu or tempeh dailyA little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurtThe soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.A few points: you should drink clean water.The diet should start with everything cooked for the first month. Gradually at foods that can be raw [fruits] back.Avoid wheat, there is new evidence it stresses the liver.Make sure that you immediately have the additional testing with your doctorFull bloods is routine, and would not have included the other tests I have stated.You have to check them specifically.There is no indication that this would be cancer in your statements, or in the lab.Pri***** *****ver cancer would be very rare unless you had another condition. Find me as needed in medical anytime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the dr has ordered anultra sound , is this that he suspects something serious
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
No, in fact, it is pretty standard.It would tend to rule out tumors, though.So make sure he has ordered the other blood tests.Good luck.Find me in medical any day of the week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean he suspect a tumour and would thise raised levels indicate a tumour
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NoBecause ultrasound will also show fatty liver.Tumor is the least likely possibility.And there is no indication of tumor in your story or your labs.It is very common to order ultrasound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what causes a fatty liver and what does that entail treameant wise
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Any source of inflammation.And I have listed all of the testing and causes above.It can also have unknown cause.Or alcoholTreatment depends on the cause found.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't drink
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I know that already. You asked for the causes again. I have listed them all.Good luck.Let me know how things go.If you have more questions after more results find me in medical by request.