Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

On quite a few occasions just lately I have had a weird thing

On quite a few occasions just lately I have had a weird thing happening after falling asleep. It only happens, or at least I'm only aware of it happening, when I first go to sleep after turning out my light. After what I think is only minutes, rather than hours, I wake up taking a long breath in at the same time. Then I go back to sleep and I am not aware of it happening again the same night. What might be causing this?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This usually happens in obstructive sleep apnea. You need to see your physician for this. A referral to the ENT should be made and a sleep study done to confirm the diagnosis.Let me know if you have further queries related to this.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.