Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Last 5 days I have woken with a pain on my back

Customer Question

Hello, for the last 5 days I have woken with a pain on my back on both sides in what looks to be around the lung area. After getting up the pain disappears after about 30 minutes, it only returns when I lie down. I am currently having treatment for a blod clot on my left leg and have been taking daily injections of blood thinner for the past 6 weeks. Any info would be appreciated as an appointment with my GP is unavailable for at least the next 10 days
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.With the symptoms that you are mentioning, it seems likely to be a muscular pain and does not sound like anything serious or anything to worry as far as I am concerned.The important symptom to look for when one is being treated for a blood clot in the leg is shortness of breath and palpitations.If you are not short of breath then this is unlikely to be anything serious.I would like that you should try taking something like tylenol to help with the pain.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me when done.Regards